Monday, June 6, 2011

COLDPLAY's "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" = A "Ritmo De La Noche" COPY?

This weekend I heard the Coldplay's new single called: "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall", which I liked and immediately transported me to my childhood.  But, was that a good thing?

Well, I've found this song an exact copy of "Ritmo De La Noche" by Mystic (also covered by The Sacados - the version I heard when a child).  I like Coldplay and their music, but it's hard not to notice that they have been copying several artists these days, by taking their tunes, lyrics and music and making it their own.  In fact, one of their last album's hit "Viva La Vida" garnered a lot of controversy on this very same topic.  Granted, it seems like a lot of artists are doing this now, as in the case of Jennifer Lopez and her recent hit: "On The Floor", tune that was made famous by the 90s Brazilian band Lambada.  Interestingly, this makes two Brazilian bands' music copied by two English speaking artists.  Is the music industry running out of ideas?


I really like Coldplay but, is it necessary to use this cool famous rhythm for this new song? 
Does Coldplay or Jennifer Lopez producers think that people won't recognize these things and be able to call then up on it?


Listen to this Coldplay song and The Sacados version below and you be the judge...What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment