Monday, May 18, 2009

AFTERNOONS Rock the House at The Troubadour!

SAY YES!!!

Last Thursday I went to see Afternoons perform live at The Troubadour and they rocked!
This is a great LA based Indie band that deserves much more recognition than it gets for sure.

Their rocking yet lyrical sound puts them in the company of another great band I like very much: Arcade Fire--from which they have a strong influence.
The sounds produced by all these guys and the band's only female's unique voice, which provides a great balance to their tunes, took over the whole venue, as the audience got really into it!
Claire McKeown--the female singer in the band--has an extraordinary voice and an extrovertive style that added a nice touch to the experience.

I took my friends with me to see Afternoons perform live and had only heard from it a couple of weeks back from me, and their thoughts was that they were interesting, but after they saw them perform; they immediately fell in love with the whole band and said that their MP3s don't do they justice, as they were MUCH better live, and I AGREE! We had a BLAST!!!
The venue was great too, intimate and rokin! Not to mention what a great bargain the tickets were. It was our first time and can't wait to see them again and support their career!

We each got their newest CD, their very cool T-Shirts--love the Say Yes one--and some stickers, which I posted on my door.

Here is their MySpace Page, so check them out!
http://www.myspace.com/afternoonsmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment